Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I got my date to go back! (Ramble warning)

Ever feel like you've been worrying about something for so long and then you bite the bullet only to find out it wasn't that bad? Story of my life, except fate likes to throw in a few occasions where it was worse then what you originally thought, so you just never know. I've been on medical leave for a few cycles and had felt pretty safe with my position at work, until a few members of my family were saying they hoped I had a job to go back to after being off for so long. At first I dismissed them, I knew my supers were in the loop and could tell I just wasn't taking vacation in the sun. Hell vacation in the sun would be nice but where I really can't walk that much so I think I'll skip the running on the beach for now. I've spent most of my days off sitting in a chair, maybe up a half a dozen times in a day to get something then go right back to my chair. Well I've been waiting for over a week for my doctor to get back to me, to make an appointment for my injections. When she never called I started to call her but there voice machine stated she was out of the office. It was like this for a week! A week and I'm starting to panic because I do need to go back to work but I can't until I get at least 1 shot and can actually walk without pain again. I find that doctors are very hard to get information out of and to get help from however every nurse I talk to is the exact opposite. (No I am not sucking up to you Jacks!) Getting frustrated and now worried about my job myself, I call my drug coordinator and the lovely lady got me an appointment set up. So now I have a shot scheduled for next Tuesday. It's funny cause it's been taking me so long to get something when I was going through my doctor and they had already billed my insurance company for over 5 000$ (that’s 1 shot btw I need about 8 at least!)

At this point I am letting out a sigh, at least that part is done. So checking my work calendar that appointment puts me smack in the middle of my next cycle, not going to work. I don't know about any of you, but my fear of needles is so bad I'm honestly no use to anybody for a day or so afterwards. So looking at my calendar looks like I'll be going back to work on August 10, woot! I miss my job, I miss the craziness and I miss my officers and co-workers. There was only one thing left to do, I had to call my supervisor and let him know. All this time I am worried cause I know what family has said about having a job to come back to and I know my manager is scary when she's happy. Calling my super up I realized I had nothing to worry about when he said "Are you sure you don't need more time hun?"

Okay, I remember why I liked him and why I had no fear of losing my job at the first of my med leave. I assure him I should be fine to come back by then and that I did miss the place. He said he missed all my questions and weird calls that apparently only I seem to attract. He also said as August 10th approached if I didn't feel up to it, to let him know and he'd take care of it. So now the date is all set for me, and I know what to expect. I feel better knowing my work understands as he ended the call by saying. "We miss you and want you back, but don't come back till your ready, hun." *Sigh* It's official, I am the youngest at my center ever, the child of the group, the little sister of the entire police force. I've accepted it. Their my second family what can I say.

I used to walk home at night at 0300 ( I have no car) and I wouldn't be out for more than 10 mins before either my Sergeant or an officer would come up slowly behind me ... sneak up and flash their lights and blare the sirens. Dirty rotten bastards, scare the living shit right out of me. They'd give me a ride home after that. My sergeant though, he'd give me a free lecture the entire way, the dangers of walking home. All I can say is, Yes Sarg, yes sarg, never again Sarg, yes I understand ... what was the question?" At which point he'd yell at me to get out then watch me as I walked inside my apartment building. I liked it when, I shall call him Officer tattoo cause he has so freaking many, would pick me up and drive me home. He would always say 'Wanna do it?'. To some that may sound sexual but it's not, remember I'm the kid sister here. I would giggle and press the siren button then laugh. I'll admit I'm a complete child when it comes to that. I love the lights and sirens and Officer tattoo knows it! I miss my coworkers the way they'd tease me, throw chocolate eggs at me, the way I'd use dispatcher grumpy's head like a crystal ball. Some people communicate through teasing, he's one of them. He teases you, he likes you. You tease him back and you’re Kin. So I've rambled enough here. I miss all of them but I'm coming back guys, August 10th people. Crazy Town you've been warned. The Harlequin is on her way!

2 comments: