Thursday, February 24, 2011

Who needs sleep?

So I am up, and it's late. I should be sleeping but I can't. Argh. Infusion tomorrow. Got to sleep, but I drank 6 litres of water today, so too many bathroom breaks to sleep. Too much anxiety about the needle to keep my eyes closed. Argh! Hate these things.

Last night shift wasn't bad at all, really slow. The calls we did get were interesting. I was laughing at this girl cause her first call was really hot, suicidal, armed and he didn't want to come out an play. Then I got my first call, Robbery in prog with weap. Damn karma. One more hot call for the remainder and that was it. Pretty slow so I got a lot of writing for my book done. Had this one call, where it borders on gross and extremely sweet. Guy calls up, his wife passed out on the toilet. They're not older, like maybe twenties, no drugs or liquor, she just wasn't feeling well and passed out. So he picked her up, cleaned her and put her in their bed and then called 911. She had a bowel movement in bed and he cleaned her again. I guess when you get used to taking so many domestic violence calls, that when you get a call and they actually care, you remember. I was thinking, that was sweet, gross but sweet that he was willing to do that so she'd be comfortable, even passed out. He was thinking about her pride too. I remember he was talking to her between answering the questions of the paramedic (on the phone). He was telling her it'd be ok, that he loved her and he would be with her. My god, so sweet. Nothing like one of my managers first 911 calls. "I just killed my husband! Ha! Ha! Ha! *CLICK*"

On my first vacation, sweet woo hoo yeah! Vaca! Vaca! Going to see my BroBro, my Nana, my mum and my daddy! Yey! Going to see a few friends, clean the entire apartment and then sleep. Maybe. No sleep tonight. No. Damn anxiety.

I'd eat supper if it'd stay down but probably wouldn't. So hard to eat day before, day of and day after. I'm exhausted from lack of sleep but still can't drift off. I wish there was away to just get rid of this phobia, argh. I was given a theory, that I will try tomorrow. The theory is, pretend you love it. Pretend it's the best thing in the world and that it's the biggest turn on. Umm ... she's sticking a syringe and then a hollow tube in me!!! At least I didn't pass out last time, going to try to shoot for that again. Too bad there wasn't knock out gas. I'd like that. Good ole dose of zzz right before the stick. Sigh. I'm rambling. I'm tired. Going to try and crash for a bit. I leave you with this piece of retro music fro BNL.

There's so much joy in life,so many pleasures all around
But the pleasure of insomnia is one I've never found
With all life has to offer,there's so much to be enjoyed
But the pleasures of insomnia are ones I can't avoid

Lids down,
I count sheep
I count heartbeats
The only thing that counts is that I won't sleep
I countdown,
I look around

Hala Hala Hala

Who needs sleep?
well you're never gonna get it
Who needs sleep?
tell me what's that for
Who needs sleep?
be happy with what you're getting
There's a guy who's been awake since the Second World War

No comments:

Post a Comment